Meridian Fire Department puts out night blaze
By By Ben Alexander/The Meridian Star
June 29, 2001
Meridian Firefighters are being called heroes after quickly stopping a grease fire and saving a man's home Thursday night on 17th Avenue.
No one was injured.
Pat Jourdan, the homeowner, said after seeing the Meridian Fire Department in action, words could not express his gratitude.
Capt. T.D. Rowell said according to Jourdan, the fire may have started after he cooked dinner.
Jourdan said he believed the fire was started by igniting grease.
The MFD sent three engines to battle the fire.