Sell of dresses to help Tharptown students

By Staff
Melissa Cason
THARPTOWN – Tharptown High School will host the 4th annual Prom and Pageant Consignment Sale today at the school's new gym beginning at 1:30 p.m.
Consignment volunteer Nicole Ergle said the sale is designed to make prom and pageant dresses more affordable for girls.
"It's better to sell the dresses than have them hang in the closet," Ergle said.
The consigners will receive 90 percent of what each dress sells for with the other 10 percent going to cover advertising costs.
"This is not a fundraiser," former organizer Susie Sellers said. "It's so girls can afford to participate in pageants and go to prom without it costing a small fortune."
The Tharptown Pageant will be held Feb. 9 at 6 p.m.
"This year will be the first year we crown a Miss Wildcat," Ergle said.
The pageant is open to all female students with divisions ranging from kindergarten through 11th grade.
"Even though we don't have a senior class this year, we will be crowning a Miss Wildcat that night."
In addition to the upcoming pageant, the prom and pageant consignment sale comes at a time in which the junior class is preparing for the school's first prom.
"The prom will be at the Marriott on March 14," prom sponsor Linda Lindsey said.
The theme for this year's prom will be A Night to Remember, complete with the stars, moon and an Eiffel Tower.
"We are still working on it," Lindsey said. "We are trying to raise enough money so that we can have a night prom this year."
Several dresses have already been dropped off for the consignment, but organizers will accept dresses today prior to the start of the sale.
"All dresses need to be tagged with the size, name, phone number of seller and price," Sellers said.

Franklin County

PROGRESS 2024: American Legion Posts 64 and 120 – ‘Veterans Strengthening America’

Franklin County

RHS graduate crowned Miss Northwest Shoals

Franklin County

RHS graduate crowned Miss UNA

Franklin County

PROGRESS 2024: In memoriam – Monuments honor the fallen of Franklin

High School Sports

RHS senior chosen as Bryant-Jordan Region 8 Scholar winner

High School Sports

Russellville High School ladies soccer team members participate in annual Night to Shine

News

Russellville High School Scholars Bowl team qualifies for state tournament

News

Vina kindergarteners connect with lots of other classes

News

PCHS JAG student places in district conference

Features

Wedding Spotlight: Layne and Frank Edwards

Franklin County

RHS senior competes at state DYW competition

News

Extension, 4-H present free resume workshop

Franklin County

Franklin County has lots to love

High School Sports

Russellville High School honors alum Luther Tiggs with special night of basketball

News

BTCPA announces second production of season

News

RMS holds annual state assessment celebration

Franklin County

Red Bay welcomes new city attorney

Franklin County

Attempted traffic stop leads to high-speed vehicle pursuit, wreck 

Franklin County

Vehicle pursuit ends in wreck, arrest 

News

RFD, RHS collab promotes job readiness, community safety

Franklin County

Local students named to Mississippi State University’s fall 2023 President’s List

News

Russellville Elementary features among U.S. News & World Report best elementary schools

News

RCS receives recognition as finalist for national award

News

Plans get underway to raise funds for cancer research in memory of Bedfords

x