RHS finishes cross-country season with strong showing at state
RHS took a full girls team and boy individual competitor to the state cross-country competition Nov. 14 at the Oakville Indian Mounds.
The girls team finished eighth in the state, and Daniel Montiel finished 34th with a new personal record of 18:10.
Girls times were:
– Carley Seal, 36th, 21:43.10
– Naydelin Romero-Momentey, 55th, 22:31.01
– Haylee Hamilton, 74th, 23:09.28
– Katie Skidmore, 87th, 23:49.05
– Cecilia Juan, 89th, 23:58.69
– Tristin Thomas, 90th, 24:03.40
– Emily Bates, 105th, 25:33.81
– Keren Montiel, 108th, 25:46.92
– Michelle Betancourt, 109th, 25:46.93
– Kallie Allen, 112th, 27:37.94
Coach Kevin England said he was proud of his team for the way they have progressed since last year’s inaugural season.
“I think year after next, we should be able to compete with Lawrence County,” England said. Lawrence County fields a championship team. “We’re excited.”
England said he hates to lose his two good seniors, Tristin Thomas and Hayden Suddith, but “the future is bright.”