Ad Spot

RFD fights dryer fire

Nov. 27 saw a gas dryer ignite at the Budget Inn on Highway 43 in Russellville.

According to Russellville Fire Department, Budget Inn’s smoke detector went off, and the Inn was able to quickly cut power and gas to the area.

“Nobody was hurt, and there was barely any damage to it either,” said Fire Marshal Justin Green, who blamed the age of the machine for the fire. “You could barely even see any soot in that room.”

Anyone in need of a smoke detector is urged to contact the Russellville Fire Department. Such detectors are often the first line of defense against a fire, and they can prevent fire incidents from becoming tragic disasters.

x