Commission takes routine actions
The Franklin County Commission met in regular session March 21 and took the following actions:
- approved an Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable job description.
- approved to advertise for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable position.
- approved renovations to the Commission office.
- approved sheriff’s office hires: corrections officer/dispatch, deputy and Mark Swindle as part time.
- approved jail maintenance.
- hired Gene Ward as solid waste manager and authorized him to hire a superintendent and assistant superintendent.
- let bids for articulated tandem roller for the highway department.
- purchased a new air conditioning unit for the back half of the second floor of the courthouse.
- bid the uniform contract.
- filled two open spaces on the DHR board, appointing Wade Wallace and James Pharr.