Spring football gears up
By Bart Moss
For the FCT
It’s that time of the year. It is time for spring football.
All across the state, high school football teams are spending a couple of weeks at the end of the school year to assess next year’s teams. Coaches will be looking for new faces to replace graduating seniors. Spring football offers a more relaxed setting for coaches to make evaluations of players and their teams in general.
Below is the schedule for each of the teams’ spring practices and spring games in Franklin County:
- Phil Campbell began practice May 9 and will play at Lynn May 20
- Red Bay will practice the first two weeks of May and host Tishomingo County May 13 at 6 p.m.
- Russellville began practice May 6. The Golden Tigers are set to play their spring game at Pelham High School in Birmingham May 20. If baseball advances to finals, the game will likely be moved to May 21.
- Tharptown will practice the first two weeks of May and play at West Morgan May 13 at 6 p.m.
- Vina began practice May 2 and will play at Sumiton Christian May 13