RCS holds July meeting
At its regularly scheduled July board meeting, the Russellville City Schools Board of Education:
• Approved the CNP Lunch/Breakfast Application and Policy Statement for 2016-17. Prices are as follows: Employee Lunch Prices – $3.50; Employee Breakfast at RHS – $1.25; Visitor Breakfast – $1.50; Visitor Lunch – $4; Breakfast and Lunch for Students – no charge, CEP.
• Approved the following CNP Agreements: to furnish food service to a child care center, Community Action Head Start; to provide after-school snacks for the Chucky Mullins Center After-School Care Program; and to provide breakfast and lunch to the Special Programming for Achievement Network Department of Youth Services.
• Approved ice cream and bread contracts with Purity Dairy and Bimbo Bread, respectively, and milk contract with Purity Dairy.
• Approved the revised Salary Schedule for Extended Contracts and/or Supplements and Coaching Supplements for 2016-2017.
• Approved a contract with the University of North Alabama for the LEAD Initiative.
The board also approved several personnel changes:
• Resignation in Position: Anna Lane Kennedy, teacher, RMS; Abby McHugh, temporary employment as third grade teacher, RES.
• Retirement in Position: Curtis Mathhues, custodian, RES.
• Transfer in Position: Margarita Lazo-de-la-Vega, from EL teacher at RMS to Spanish/EL teacher at RHS .
• Employment in Position: Gary McNutt, part-time retiree.
• Temporary Employment in Position: Allison Agee, temporary employment as third grade teacher, RES.
• Athletic Consultants for 2016-17: Daniel Hollimon, to be a pro consult for the RMS football team. Paid by the Football Booster Club.
• Volunteers for 2016-17 Athletic Program: Tori Bradley – RMS Volleyball; Chase Gilmer – RMS Football.
The next regular meeting will be Aug. 25 at 3:30 p.m., and work session will be Aug. 22 at 3:30 p.m. A called meeting will be held Aug. 5 at 8 a.m.