City council recognizes MS Industries
At the Aug. 20 Russellville City Council meeting, Mayor David Grissom and the council recognized MS Industries for contributions to the community, which include a donation to the Russellville baseball program and the opening of the new restaurant Doe’s Eat Place downtown.
“We would like to thank Steven D. Smith and MS Industries for your investment in the city of Russellville and Franklin County,” Grissom said.
After a public hearing to solicit citizen input concerning the application for a restaurant retail liquor license for on-premise consumption at Doe’s, the council voted and approved the application.
Other actions taken at the meeting included:
- Approving the ordinance for annexation of property located at 107 Skyline Drive.
- Approving the purchase of a walker mower for the Russellville Parks and Recreation Department from Kiel’s Equipment.
- Approving the purchase of a CA2572 aerator for the Russellville Parks and Recreation Department from Scott Equipment.
- Approving a quote received from Eagle Fence Company for fence repairs at the John Blackwell Sports Complex and the old junior high football field.
- Approving the hiring of Corey Gene Bray as an equipment operator II in the Russellville Street Department.
- Approving the request from the Russellville Civitan Club to waive the rental fee at the A.W. Todd Centre Sept. 18.
- Approving the request from the Cultura Garden Club for $15,000 to purchase new Christmas decorations for this season.