Nutrition program opens enrollment
Enrollment for the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program vouchers is now open.
According to the Franklin County Extension, SFMNP provides low-income seniors with coupons that can be used to purchase eligible foods at the local farmers markets.
An application must be completed for each person in the household who qualifies for SFMNP benefits. Applicants must reapply every year and be 60 years of age or older on the day of application.
Recipients’ gross household income must not exceed the following limits:
- $1,669.00 monthly for a household of one
- $2,263.00 monthly for a household of two
- $2,857.00 monthly for a household of three
- $3,451.00 monthly for a household of four
- $4,045.00 monthly for a household of five
- $4,639.00 monthly for a household of six
To enroll, applicants can call the Franklin County Extension Office at 256-332-8880 or go online at http://fma.alabama.gov/seniornutrition/. Coupons will be mailed from the Farmers Market Authority in Montgomery during June or July.