Students honor FCBOE
January was School Board Appreciation Month, and students from East Franklin Junior High, Belgreen High and Tharptown Elementary schools took the time to recognize the Franklin County Schools Board of Education at the Jan. 15 meeting.
Other actions taken at the meeting included:
- Approving the Belgreen High School senior class to go to Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla., May 5- 8.
- Approving the Red Bay High School seniors to go to ICC’s Fulton and Tupelo, Miss., campuses Jan. 30.
- Approving the mileage rate reimbursement paid to individuals traveling in privately owned vehicles on official business from 54.5 cents per mile effective Jan. 1.
- Approving the school calendar for the 2019-20 school year.
- Approving the Jamari Terrell Williams Student Bullying Policy.
- Approving the retirement of Cindy Fleming, Belgreen science teacher.
- Approving the resignation of Jason Harris, head football coach at Vina.
- Approving the resignation of Mandy Cummings, secretary/bookkeeper at East Franklin Junior High School.
- Approving the transfer in position of Charlotte Thomas to child nutrition program assistant and Wendy Ergle to child nutrition program manager at EFJHS.
- Approving the leave of absence for Ciara Whitten from Jan. 7 to May 3 to complete student teaching.
- Approving the employment of Tamla Whitten, part-time school nurse for Franklin County Schools.
- Approving the employment of Barry Reach, science teacher at Belgreen.
- Approving the employment of Christina Chambers, math teacher at Red Bay.
- Approving the employment of Deedra Raper as secretary/bookkeeper at EFJHS.
- Approving Dustin Welch, Stewart Blackburn and Jess Guzman as Belgreen softball volunteers.
- Approving John Kaleb Estes, Morgan Nicole Wooten and Allison St. Clair as new teacher substitutes.