Council selects July 4 headliner
Planning for the City of Russellville’s 10th annual Fourth of July Celebration is already underway, and the headlining act has been chosen: Shenandoah.
At the March 18 Russellville City Council meeting, the council voted to approve a contract with the Shenandoah band as the festival’s headliner. Councilman Gary Cummings said this has been in the works for about six weeks now.
“Now I can start lining up the rest of the festival,” Cummings said.
Cummings is friends with a former member of the Muscle Shoals-native band, who provided the connection to get the ball rolling.
Other actions taken at the meeting included:
- Approving David Grissom to be the voting delegate and William Nale to be the alternate for the Alabama League of Municipalities Convention business meeting.
- Approving David Grissom for proxy for the Alabama Municipal Insurance Corporation business meeting.
- Accepting the letter of resignation from patrol officer Steve Bullion in the Russellville Police Department.
- Declaring a vacancy for patrol officer in the RPD and asking the Civil Service Board to add an additional name to the list.
- Accepting the letter of resignation from firefighter Daniel Smith in the Russellville Fire Department.
- Declaring a vacancy for firefighter 1 in the RFD and authorizing an advertisement to solicit job applications.