Partnership Awards Banquet honors dedicated citizens
By Maria Camp
For the FCT
The Franklin County Partnership Awards Banquet was held March 12 at the A.W. Todd Centre in Russellville.
“This is an annual event to recognize the exceptional merit of the nominees and the winners,” explained Cassie Medley, executive director for the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce. “It also provides chamber members and business and community leaders the opportunity to network.”
The banquet is jointly presented by the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce and the Franklin County Development Authority. Medley said 283 attended this year’s event.
“This program is a wonderful experience for the Franklin County Junior Leaders,” Medley added. “While serving the meal, they are able to meet local leaders and hear about how they are involved in the community.”
The program started with a welcome, invocation and presentations by retiring chamber directors and past presidents. The RHS A Cappella Ensemble performed before the award presentations began.
Emily Mays, vice president and senior marketing director of Community Spirit Bank, helped present some of the awards. Mays said, “This has become a Franklin County tradition, a night to celebrate and recognize the successes of citizens, businesses and industries. So many wonderful people work tirelessly to make our county a great place to live, work and play.”
The banquet planners offered their thanks to the businesses and industries of Franklin County, the A.W. Todd Centre Board of Directors, Annette Oliver, Frosty Inn for catering, RHS A Cappella Ensemble, Russellville Florist & Gifts and Hester Printing & Graphics.
The 2019 award winners for the Franklin County Partnership Banquet are:
- Beautification: Campbell’s Texaco, Phil Campbell; The Bay Auto & Detailing, Red Bay; and Pinkard Funeral Home, Russellville
- Business of the Year: Tiffin Supply
- Franklin County’s Best Kept Secret: Doe’s Eat Place
- Distinguished Service: Nelda Moss, Phil Campbell; Brenda Hall, Red Bay; and Kevin Strickland, Russellville
- Volunteer of the Year: Joey Oden (awarded posthumously). His wife, Sherry Oden, accepted the award in his place.
- Roger Bedford Unsung Hero: Cultura Garden Club
- Hall of Fame: Katrine Moore
- Excellence in Industrial Growth: Sunshine Mills
- Industrial Support: Franklin County Career Tech Center
- Industry of the Year: Mar Jac Poultry
- Franklin County Educator of the Year: Cathy Jarnigan
- Russellville City Educator of the Year: Stephanie Mayfield