Seamless Summer Feeding Program begins May 28
Franklin County has a solution for children who might need a little help with breakfasts and lunches during the summer months: the Seamless Summer Feeding Program.
The summer meal program will be offered in multiple locations across the county, including Belgreen, East Franklin, Phil Campbell, Red Bay, Tharptown and Vina schools. All meals are free for children ages 0-18 years.
“The child must be present to be served,” explained a program spokesperson. “Students do not have to attend the school in which they are being served a meal. For example, if you attend Vina High School during the school year, you may eat at any of the other schools in the summer.”
The program begins May 28 and continues July 19, except July 4-5. Children can enjoy breakfast from 7-8:30 a.m. and lunch from 10 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday.
In addition to daily choice of milk – 1 percent, fat-free strawberry or fat-free chocolate – and fruit – fresh, canned or dried – or fruit juice, the breakfast menu will be as follows.
- Monday: mini pancakes, sausage link, cereal bowl and cereal bar
- Tuesday: sausage biscuit, cereal bowl and cereal bar
- Wednesday: breakfast pizza, cereal bowl and cereal bar
- Thursday: berry pancake on a stick, pancake on a stick, cereal bowl and cereal bar
- Friday: chicken patty, biscuit, cereal bowl and cereal bar
The lunch menu will also offer choice of milk and fruit or fruit juice, along with the following daily offerings.
- Monday: pizza, tossed salad with tomatoes, ranch dressing and Jell-O pudding cup
- Tuesday: ham and cheese hoagie with lettuce and tomato, baked beans, choice of chips and mini Rice Krispies treat
- Wednesday: chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato and pickle spear and choice of chips
- Thursday: Smuckers peanut butter and jelly Uncrustables, choice of chips, string cheese, veggie bag with dressing and a brownie
- Friday: grilled hotdog, kraut, French fries and a fresh-baked cookie
For more information, contact Robynn Bragwell at 256-331-2136 or email@example.com.