Russellville Academy of Performing Arts hosts Summer Dance Camps
With school ending for the year, many will be looking for creative ways for their children to spend summer days. The Russellville Academy of Performing Arts is hosting a series of Saturday day camps that will meet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
It is not necessary to be a current student at RAPA to sign up for one or more day camps; however, the deadline to register is May 31, and the price is $40 per camp.
Students will enjoy a discount for signing up for multiple camps.
Instructor Lindsay Hall said each camp will offer age-specific activities. “We’ll teach dance skills appropriate to their age category,” Hall said. “We want the kids to have fun and make friends while gaining confidence and blowing off some of that summer steam.”
Hall said the camps are inspired by the interests she has seen expressed by children in the target audience. “My toddler class is really into pretending to be princesses, and my 4- and 5-year-old kids love rainbows and unicorns. This is our first year to do themed camps. It will be a fun addition to our studio activities.”
Assistant teacher Ellen McGee said some of the crafts they have planned include making princess tiaras and unicorn horns. “Seeing the kids challenge themselves to learn new skills and achieve goals is always so rewarding,” she pointed out. “Not only are we going to have a ton of fun, but we’re also going to help them set goals and learn new dance skills, too.”
Scheduled camps are:
- Princess Party Camp: June 8, ages 3-4. Attendees are invited to come dressed as their favorite princess for a royally fun day of princess-themed dance, crafts and games.
- Fancy Nancy Tea Party Camp: June 15, ages 4-5. Come dressed in fancy attire for a fantastic day of Nancy-themed dance, crafts and tea parties.
- Rainbow Unicorn Camp: June 22, ages 5-6. Come dressed in rainbow attire for a magical day of dance, crafts and unicorn fun.
- Glitz and Glamour Camp: June 29, ages 6-10. Get ready for a glamorous day filled with dance, makeovers, photo shoots and more.
- Cheer Camp: July 13, ages 5-12. Spend a Saturday cheering, jumping, building and more.
Regular weekly classes will still be held during the summer as well.