Why I Love Franklin County: Sheriff Shannon Oliver
Franklin County Sheriff Shannon Oliver has been leading the local department for about nine years, as he began his third term as sheriff in 2018. The Russellville High School alum graduated from Jacksonville University Law Enforcement Academy and has been in law enforcement for nearly 24 year. He and his wife Tange have three children: Johnna, 19, Sterlyn, 15, and Brannon, 12.
How long have you lived in Franklin County?
What do you enjoy about your role as sheriff?
I believe my job was a calling. It was something at a young age that I was interested in. I enjoy talking to and helping people. I believe that being elected by the people is a huge honor, and it means a lot to me and my family.
What is your favorite place to visit in Franklin County?
Franklin County as a whole is my favorite place.
What is your favorite Franklin County restaurant, and what do you like about it?
I don’t have a specific place that would be my favorite. I enjoy eating and enjoy visiting them all.
Why do you love Franklin County?
I love the people of Franklin County, and I appreciate all they have done for me and the Sheriff’s Office.
- Favorite hobby: Spending time with family and our small cattle farm
- Favorite food: Fish and steak
- Goal or ambition: To continue to serve you as your sheriff
- Church: Cowboy Church of Franklin County
- Something people might not know about me is: I’m pretty much an open book. I’m just a plain and simple person.