Why I Love Franklin County – Chris Wallace
FRANKLIN LIVING—Franklin County Commissioner Chris Wallace was born in Manassas, Virginia, where he grew up. After graduating from Stonewall Jackson High School in 1984, he moved to Nashville to attend David Lipscomb University, but his heart was in Alabama, after having spent many summers on his uncle’s farm in Spruce Pine while growing up. He moved to Russellville in 1986 and attended Northwest Alabama State Junior College, earning his two-year business degree before going on to UNA to work on a business management degree. He has been married to Cheri for 28 years, and they have two children, Slate and Julianna.
1. What is your job title, and what does your work entail?
I am the owner of Wallace Backhoe LLC, and I do general contracting work. I knew I needed a job that would allow me to work outside since I enjoy seeing projects being constructed and the satisfaction of a job completed.
2. What do you enjoy about your work?
I appreciate the challenges some jobs bring and the many people I have met along the way.
3. What is your favorite place to visit in Franklin County?
I enjoy being in the woods and on the water in Franklin County. We have so many beautiful places to visit throughout the county, but the friendly people here are the icing on the cake.
4. Where is your favorite place to eat in Franklin County?
43 Grill has the best grilled chicken; at Doe’s Eat Place the fried mushrooms and steak are delicious; and I have favorite dishes at each of the Mexican restaurants.
5. Why do you love Franklin County?
Growing up in a big city made me appreciate being in a small town. This is where my ancestors chose to settle and has always held a special place in my heart because of them. The caring people of Franklin County make this a special place to live, raise a family and work.
1. Favorite hobby: Hunting and fishing
2. Favorite food: Crab legs and steak
3. Goal or ambition: To be a great husband and father and a good example to others
4. Church: North Highlands Church of Christ
5. Something people might not know about me is: I love old country music. My favorite radio stations are Willie’s Roadhouse and Kudzu 104.9.