State launches Scale Back Alabama 2021
Scale Back Alabama, the state’s largest wellness program, begins this year April 5 with several changes marking its return.
This year, Scale Back Alabama will be an entirely virtual program. Participants will register online and choose one to three goals to work on throughout the 10-week program.
Each week, participants will receive a challenge and a health tip that will encourage them to reach their goals. Weight loss is optional; participants will select their own wellness goals.
According to SBA, it is easy to register an individual participant, and two-person teams are no longer required.
- Visit scalebackalabama.com/member/register.
- To get started, participants will answer a few questions that will help them choose the best goals for them.
- Registration ends April 4.
- With this year’s adaptations, public weigh-in sites will not be available, and weigh-ins and outs are not required to participate in the program.
- All prizes will be on an individual basis; there will be no team prizes.
- At the end of each week, participants will indicate on their user dashboards whether they completed that week’s challenge. Participants who did will be entered into a drawing for that week’s prize.
- Each week, participants will indicate on their user dashboards whether they met their pre-set goals for that week. For every week participants meet at least one of their goals, their name will go into a prize drawing to be held at the end of the program.
- All prizes will be in the form of an Amazon e-gift card.
Scale Back Alabama is coordinated by the Alabama Hospital Association and the Alabama Department of Public Health.