County BOE hires new personnel
The Franklin County Board of Education met July 13, with personnel decisions dominating the agenda.
Aside from approving personnel changes, the board also approved an increase in substitute pay from $60 per day to $80 per day and awarded Birmingham Restaurant Supply as the lowest responsible bidder for a dishwasher for East Franklin Junior High, $30,754.
Personnel decisions included:
- Resignations: Derek Ergle as principal at Belgreen High; Brianne Roberts as assistant principal at Belgreen High School; Chastity West, Hannah Vincent, Alexandra Gardner, Christina Baker, Samantha Warhurst and Carmen Whitfield as teachers at Tharptown and, for Whitfield, as head softball coach at Tharptown; Chelsey Pounds as teacher at Phil Campbell; Chandler Allen as teacher and varsity boys basketball coach at Vina; and Kaylee Brannon as teacher at Belgreen.
- Employment: Jason Lindsey and Timothy Chaffee as teachers at Phil Campbell and Greg Winstead as head softball coach at Phil Campbell; Holleigh Landers, Larry Gilmer, Monica Grimes and Kaitlyn Vandiver as teachers at Tharptown and Kamri Fleming as head softball coach at Tharptown; Heath Childers as teacher at Red Bay; Dustan King as teacher at the Franklin County Career Tech Center; Debra Millwood and Heather Eubanks as teachers at Belgreen; Anthony Oliver as teacher and head varsity basketball coach at Vina; Jonathan Raper and Roy Cornelison as bus drivers for the system; Carrie Maddox as registered nurse for the system; and LeAnn Trapp as principal at East Franklin Junior High.
- Transfer: Emily Langston, from band director and instructional aide at Vina to full-time band teacher at Vina; Carlee Robbins, from elementary teacher at Belgreen to elementary teacher at Red Bay; and Candace Cornelius, from elementary teacher at East Franklin to elementary teacher at Tharptown.
- Substitutes: Alanna Cason, Scott Maijala, Donna Murray, Lisa L. Raley, Nikki Tutich, Melanie Wilcoxson, Sarah B. Fretwell, Lisa Miller, Rebekah Myrick, Kaitlyn Robbins, Haley Weclowski and Amy Gunderman McCollum.
- CNP personnel: Melissa Baker as temporary employee for the Seamless Summer Program; Tabitha Frost as full-time CNP assistant; and Lindsey Higgins, Anjanette Gasaway, Kelly Butler, Miranda Smith and Melissa Baker as CNP assistant substitutes
- TRACKS: Angela Daily as aide at Tharptown and Alisha Newton and Ashley Easterling as site coordinators at Vina.