Why I Love Franklin County – Trey Stanford
For Russellville Coach Trey Stanford, the love of athletics runs deep. He graduated from West Limestone High with a scholarship to play football at the University of Alabama, after being a three-sport athlete in high school – football, basketball and soccer. The RHS head varsity soccer coach and assistant varsity football coach also teaches health education. He is married to Alicia Stanford, assistant principal at West Elementary, and they have two children: Triston, a first-grader at West, and Tyson, 2 years old.
1. How long have you been in Franklin County?
We have been a part of the Franklin County community now for 5.5 years. We are going into our sixth year teaching at Russellville.
2. What do you enjoy about your job? What makes it meaningful to you?
I love inspiring youth, and I enjoy working with kids. I love the fact that these young men and women will be out future, and hopefully I have a positive impact on them!
3. What is your favorite place to visit in Franklin County?
City Lake Park or the ballfields.
4. What is your favorite Franklin County restaurant, and what do you like about it?
Honestly, when I do eat out, I love Wendy’s. Their staff is always so friendly and helpful. I love Pollo Loquillo; they have help us so many times with our soccer programs.
5. Why do you love Franklin County?
It’s a very friendly place. Everyone has so much pride for their community and school.
1. Favorite hobby: UTV riding/Polaris RZR riding at UTV parks
2. Favorite food: Latino food
3. Goal or ambition: To win a state title and to help kids around me reach their full potential
4. Church: Highland Park Baptist Church
5. Something people might not know about me is: I am very particular about my yard. I spend a lot of time keeping it up. I really enjoy it.