County handles monthly business
The Franklin County Commission held its regular meeting Oct. 18. The commissioners approved the following for each department.
- A resolution to apply for additional funds through a COVID-19 CDBG grant.
- A mass fatality response plan. All counties re-did their plans to be on the same page to send to the state.
- The hiring of Kathrine Guzman, full time, effective Oct. 18, for the position of tag/title clerk.
- Transfer of employee Rita Fisher from property clerk to property clerk/bookkeeper.
- Advertisement for property clerk to fill the vacancy left by Rita Fisher’s transfer.
- Hiring of Matt Miller for permanent full-time solid waste technician, effective Oct. 18.
Sheriff and Jail:
- Tabling of hiring a deputy since the interviews haven’t been done yet.
- Tabling of the matter of investing in Alabama Counties. More information should be obtained during upcoming scheduled meetings, after which the issue will be revisited.
- Appointment of county administrator Leah Mansell to the Council for Investing in Alabama Counties.
- Electronic signature policy, pending an audit.
- AACA Workers’ Compensation Resolution.
The commission also voted to move the Jonesboro Community Center polling place. The community center is in the process of being shut down. The new voting location will be nearby, still in the precinct, at the Jonesboro Baptist Church. Cards will be sent in the mail to let people know.