A wedding story: Alyssa and Austin Nix
Alyssa is from Russellville, and Austin is from Phil Campbell. The happy couple now resides in Phil Campbell after their June 5, 2021, wedding.
1. HOW THEY MET: Austin and Alyssa met with the help of two special friends on New Year’s Eve 2019. It was love at first sight. They were inseparable after that night.
2. MEMORABLE DATE: The couple’s most memorable date was when they went to Chattanooga for their March birthdays. Because of COVID-19, everything was shut down the same day. They made the best of it and ended up seeing Larry Fleet perform at a small hole-in-the-wall venue.
3. WHAT WE LOVE: They both adore how giving and loving one another is.
4. THE PROPOSAL: Austin had the perfect set up. It was Alyssa’s dream proposal, under a tree filled with lights and pictures of the two of them. He even hired a photographer. It was perfect.
5. THE WEDDING: June 5, 2021, at Oliver’s Barn in Killen. A beautiful rustic barn that lights up when the sun goes down.
6. FAVORITE MOMENT: A favorite moment from the wedding was the maid of honor/matron of honor and best man speeches and all the great things they had to say.
Venue: Oliver’s Barn
Catering: Brian Copeland
Florist: Sam’s Blossom Shop
Cake: Tara Warpup
Videographer: Shannea Flanagan, Right Brian Photography
Photographer: Shannea Flanagan, Right Brain Photography
Wedding dress: Cherry Tree Lane
Hair: Shayna Romans
Make-up: Laren Lindholm
Men’s attire: Thompson’s Menswear
Music: DJ Boat