A wedding story: Keylee & Trevor Allison
Trevor is from Phil Campbell, and Keylee grew up in Red Bay. The happy couple now resides in Russellville after their March 20, 2021, wedding.
- HOW WE MET: Trevor and Keylee met at CB&S Bank in Russellville, where they both worked at the time. Keylee’s coworkers were on a mission to set her up with someone in the office, and they coincidentally picked Trevor’s best friend Chase. After further investigation, her coworkers decided that Keylee and Trevor might be a better match. It took some convincing from everyone, but Trevor finally caved, and they went on a date. The rest, as they say, is history. Funnily enough, Keylee and Trevor are now best friends with Chase and his wife and do lots of things together.
- FIRST DATE: Trevor and Keylee’s first and probably most memorable date was to the drive-in movie theatre in Russellville. About halfway through the first movie, the car died. They watched the rest of the first movie in silence and luckily found someone to jump the car off during intermission.
- WHAT WE LOVE: Trevor loves Keylee’s strong Christian faith and the way she keeps God first in everything she does. Trevor also loves Keylee’s dimples and beautiful smile. Keylee loves Trevor’s commitment to her, his family and friends. He is loyal and trustworthy. Anything that he does, he does it 100 percent. Trevor also has the best sense of humor and can make Keylee laugh every single day. Not a day goes by that Keylee does not realize how blessed she truly is to have Trevor as a husband.
- THE PROPOSAL: When Trevor and Keylee started dating, one of the first movie series they watched together was Rocky. When Rocky proposed to Adrienne, Trevor said “That’s how I’m going to propose to you one day.” Keylee didn’t think much of it. Sept. 26, 2020, there were some big name UFC fights on TV, and Trevor had been talking about it for months. He was eager and wanted to have friends over to watch it, and he even said he was going to get a UFC cake. Later on in the night, Trevor wanted Keylee to come over to the counter and cut the special cake for everyone. On the cake, under a fake UFC poster, was a picture of the proposal scene from Rocky 2. Trevor memorized and recited the movie proposal quote, “What do you think you’re you doing for the next 40-50 years? I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind marrying me too much.”
- THE WEDDING: March 20, 2021 at First Baptist Church in Red Bay
It was a small gathering, family and bridal party only, because of COVID-19 precautions. The colors were white and blush pink, with a variety of different flowers in those shades. The wedding was immediately followed by a beautiful reception at Hotel Red Bay.
- FAVORITE MOMENT: Trevor’s favorite moment of the wedding was when the big double doors opened and he saw Keylee walk down the aisle, right before he burst into tears. Keylee’s favorite moment was when she was escorted down the aisle by her father and grandfather and saw Trevor start weeping. Another favorite moment for the couple was when “The Blessing” by Kari Jobe was played and the congregation had a special time to pray over the couple. There was not a dry eye in the house.
- FINAL THOUGHTS: Trevor and Keylee would like to thank anyone who had a hand in helping them on their special day. If there were any major problems, they were not aware. It was the best day of their lives thus far, and they know many people helped to make it possible!
Ceremony venue: First Baptist Church Red Bay
Reception venue: Hotel Red Bay
Catering: Hotel Red Bay
Wedding planner: Julie Bolton and Suzanne White
Florist: Southern Elegance
Cake: Regina Sparks
Videographer: Caleb Ramey
Photographer: Mandi Nunley Photography
Invitations: Hobby Lobby
Wedding dress: David’s Bridal
Bridesmaid dresses: David’s Bridal
Hair and make-up: Kaynon Thorn and Myah Jackson
Men’s attire: Coats Clothing Company
Music: Bailey Bolton, vocalist and guitarist, and Joyce Johnson, pianist
Favors and gifts: Cookies by April Young
Rentals and décor: Hotel Red Bay
Sound technician: Mike Montgomery