Russellville authorizes airport aid pre-application
In its Oct. 3 meeting, the Russellville City Council authorized Mayor David Grissom to sign the Pre-Application SF-424 for Federal Assistance for the Russellville Municipal Airport, which is managed by Explore Aviation.
Randall Richards, project engineer for the airport division at Garver, an engineering firm in Huntsville, addressed the council during the work session to talk about the need for maintaining the pavement at the airport.
The funding breakdown is as follows:
- Federal $493,740
- State $27,430
- City of Russellville $27,430
- Total $548,600
The council also:
- Adopted a Breast Cancer Awareness Month resolution.
- Approved a contract with NACOLG/Area Agency on Aging for Senior Center operations.
- Approved an updated list of volunteers for the Russellville Fire Department.
- Authorized extension of the job application deadline for patrol officer in the Russellville Police Department to Oct. 28.
- Authorized transportation contract for services with the Franklin County coroner’s office.
The next regular meeting of the Russellville City Council will be Oct. 17 at 6:00 p.m. in Russellville City Hall.