RPL gears up for summer reading program, other events
The Russellville Public Library summer reading program, fully sponsored by Pilgrim’s for the second year in a row, will kick off June 9 with events each Friday at 2 p.m. at RPL until the finale July 28. The theme for this year’s program is “All Together Now,” which will focus on unity and community. Participation is free, but registration is required, and there are currently no more available spots.
“Registration for this year’s program fille dup within three hours,” explained RPL library director Joshlyn Bowen. “I believe that’s a reflection of the amazing program we had last year. Due to so many children not being able to register, we will be having several fun events scheduled outs of the of the designated Summer Reading Fridays over the course of the summer.”
Bowen said she encourages everyone to watch the library’s Facebook page for event registration opportunities, as they always book quickly.
RPL Summer Reading Program 2023 Schedule
Friday, June 9:
- Face Paint by Shirley Jimenez
- Visit with Pilgrim’s Mascot ” Omellete”
- ICE CREAM TRUCK OF RUSSELLVILLE
Friday, June 16:
- McWane Science Center
Friday, June 23:
- Visit/Book Reading with Short the Squirrel
Friday, June 30:
- Touch-a-Truck (this will be an off-site event). We will meet behind the A.W. Todd Centre at 2:00 p.m.
- Oliver Creamery.
Friday, July 7:
- Program with Tyler Thompson and Austin Blankenship/Franklin
- Ice cream truck of Russellville
Friday, July 14:
- Nutrition Program with Shirley Jimenez of the Franklin County Extension.
Friday, July 21:
- Hair Tinsel & Glitter Tattoos by Shirley Jimenez
- Story Time
- Oliver Creamery
Thursday, July 27:
- Finale at Skateland in Russellville: 5-7:00 p.m.