RCS board makes personnel changes
At the Aug. 23 Russellville City School Board of Education meeting, the board approved 10 more personnel changes.
Paige Hargett resigned from her position as attendance aide at Russellville High School effective Nov. 1. Christie Bostick retired from her position as a teacher at Russellville Elementary School effective Oct. 1.
Lauren Hellums, a teacher at RES, will be taking a leave of absence Nov. 15 through Dec. 19. Emily Vess will temporarily fill Hellum’s position during her leave.
Stacy Rackley, a teacher at Russellville Middle School, will be taking a leave of absence Aug. 9 through Nov. 9. Patricia Bragwell, a bus driver, will be taking a leave of absence Aug. 17 through Sept. 14.
Heather Godwin will be temporarily employed as a 21st CCLC Teacher. Carrie Mosteller will be a new special education teacher at RES effective Sept. 24.
Colby Moon will be a pro consult for the RHS football team.
Bridgette Smith resigned from her position as ISS aide/volleyball coach at RMS effective Aug. 24.
Other actions taken at the meeting included:
- Approving the revised salary schedules for coaching supplements 2018-19 and extended contracts, supplements and other pay FY 2019.
- Approving the revised handbooks for each school.
- Approving the RHS cheerleaders to host a mini cheer clinic fundraiser Sept. 11-13 at West Elementary School’s gym.
- Approving the Alabama Rural Water Association to conduct a training session in the RCS Board Room Sept. 27.
- Approving the RCS Education Foundation to sponsor a 5K fundraiser at the RHS track Oct. 13.
- Approving the RHS Color Guard to sponsor Mistletoe Market as a fundraiser Nov. 17 at the RHS Fine Arts Building.
- Approving the Russellville Youth Football Organization to host games at the RHS Stadium Aug. 23, Sept. 8, Oct. 12 and Oct. 20.
- Approving the At-Risk Plan, Capital Plan and Professional Development Plan.
- Approving the contract with Bridges Behavior Therapy & Consulting for Behavioral Analytic Services from Aug. 1, 2018 through Aug. 1, 2019.
- Approving the contract with Bragwell Services LLC for mental health professional services for the 2018-19 school year.
- Approving the contract with Counseling, Evaluation and Consultation Services for psychometric services from Oct 1, 2018 through Sept. 30, 2019.
- Approving the contract with Leslie Murphy for therapy services for the 2018-19 school year.
- Approving the contract with Stepping Stone Pediatric Therapy for occupational therapy services from Aug. 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019.
- Approving the contract with Jessica Darracot for language mentor services for the 2018-19 school year.