FCS board OKs budget
The Franklin County Board of Education held a meeting and budget hearing Sept. 14. at 5 p.m. Superintendent Greg Hamilton gave his report, and the board approved the budget for fiscal year 2022.
For fiscal year Oct. 1, 2021, through Sept. 30, 2022, the FCS budget is $42,549,547.16.
The board also:
• Approved the Teacher Excellence and Accountability for Mathematics and Science preliminary contract for Lucas Gilbert.
• Approved physical therapy agreement with Dr. Jenny L. McCullar for the 2021-2022 school year.
• Approved contract for speech and language therapy services with Ana Knight.
• Approved contract for speech and language therapy services with Ashley Crosby.
• Approved agreement between Franklin County Board of Education and ARC of Franklin County – Sarah Dinsmore Center furnishing food service.
• Approved discontinuing the third Career Tech school bus midday route from Tharptown High School. This change took effect at the beginning of school, fall 2021.
• Approved mandatory mask mandate for 10 instructional days, on a school-by-school basis, if total absences of the student body reach 15 percent because of COVID-19, influenza or other infectious outbreaks, if recommended by the superintendent.
• Approved the following resignations: Josie Dugan, Mary Gonzalez, Allie Harris, Christopher Judd Franks, Lillian Torres, Darby Lindsey, Savannah Latham and Walker Kennerly.
• Approved a leave of absence for Angie Bolton, Teacher – Vina High School – medical leave for 2021-2022 school year.
• Approved the retirement of Laurin Schultz, EL instructional aide at Belgreen High School, Phil Campbell High School and Phil Campbell Elementary School, effective Nov. 1.
• Approved the transfer of Traci Nolen from access facilitator aide at Tharptown High School to intervention aide at Tharptown High School.
The board also approved the following new hires:
• Kim Coker as part-time special education teacher at Tharptown High School.
• Dana Brewer, as kindergarten teacher at East Franklin Junior High School.
• Jenny Ergle as an elementary teacher at East Franklin Junior High School.
• Lori McDonnell as computer lab aide at Belgreen High School.
• Shonea Engelthaler as special education teacher at Tharptown High School.
• Rachel Doss as Child Nutrition Program assistant at Phil Campbell School.
• Drenda Holland as Child Nutrition Program assistant at Belgreen High School.
• Byron Gann as special education aide at Phil Campbell High School.
• Jessica Kennerly as special education aide at Belgreen High School.
• Robert Langley as bus driver for Franklin County Schools.
• Brooke Williams as junior high girls basketball coach at Belgreen High School.
The next board meeting, an organizational meeting, will be Nov. 16 with the work session at 5 p.m.